Congratulations to Walt Disney Studios on their 17 Oscar nominations! Lincoln received 12 nominations and is the MOST nominated film of the year!
· Best Picture
· Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role – Daniel Day-Lewis
· Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role – Sally Field
· Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role – Tommy Lee Jones
· Directing – Steven Spielberg
· Adapted Screenplay – Tony Kushner
· Music (Original Score) – John Williams
· Cinematography – Janusz Kaminski
· Costume Design – Joanna Johnston
· Film Editing – Michael Kahn
· Production Design – Rick Carter, Jim Erickson
· Sound Mixing – Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Ronald Judkins
“We are absolutely thrilled and astonished with the 12 nominations. It is such a tribute to the work of those who joined us in this 12-year journey to bring LINCOLN to the screen. We humbly thank the Academy members who honored so many of us.”
- Steven Spielberg (Director/Producer) and Kathleen Kennedy (Producer)
“I'm spinning and beyond thrilled on so many levels. To be included in this amazing group of extraordinary craftsman and exquisite talents has been an honor in itself. But now for us all to receive so much recognition from the Academy I'm deeply appreciative and overwhelmed, and basically, I still can't believe I got the role."
- Sally Field (Supporting Actress)
“I'm tremendously honored to be a nominee in the company of so many writers and filmmakers whose work I admire. I'm very grateful to Steven and Kathy, to Daniel, Sally, Tommy Lee and the whole cast, to Rick, Joanna, Janusz, Mike and John and everyone who made Lincoln happen. I'm overwhelmed by the Academy's response to the film. I heard that I'd been nominated while waiting to take off on a plane from JFK to LAX. James Gandolfini, who's sitting in front of me, gave me a hug and a kiss, so I'm about as happy as can be. ”
- Tony Kushner (Adapted Screenplay)
“I’m thrilled and honored to be nominated, it was an extraordinary experience with a remarkable team who are all part of this recognition. It is my first nomination and I’m so happy to be part of this unique body of talent.”
- Joanna Johnston (Costume Designer)
"We are incredibly honored by today's Academy Award nomination. 'Brave’ has been an adventure from the beginning - starting with our research trips to Scotland, the crew embarked upon a journey that inspired us all and forever changed our fates. Thanks to the Academy from all of us here at Pixar."- Mark Andrews, Director, "Brave"
- Tim Burton, Director “Frankenweenie”
WRECK-IT RALPH (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
"To have the ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ team's passion and years of hard work acknowledged by the Academy is an honor like no other. We are so proud, so grateful - I can't wait to congratulate everyone in-person."- Rich Moore, Director “Wreck-It Ralph”
PAPERMAN (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
"It's beyond an honor to have ‘Paperman’ nominated for an Oscar. I can't thank everyone on the team enough for their passion and hard work in making this dream project a reality."
MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS (Marvel)